Wednesday 3 May 2017

Peter Obi said he only has one wristwatch: Nigerians react

- The immediate past governor of Anambra state, Peter Obi, said he had only one wristwatch
- His speech a The Platform has sparked a social media debate
- Some are commending him for give a good speech while others are saying he lied





Obi said: “I have said it to Nigerians, Peter Obi wears only black shoes, and I have two pairs of it, and I travel with it. The purpose of shoe is to protect the leg from being hurt. Nothing else. I bought this from Marks and Spencer, $49.99, finish.

“They said ‘we didn’t even see watch’, and I have said it to everyone, this is the only watch I have, I have worn it for 17 years.

The purpose of watch is to keep time. Why would I keep a watch at home? Whose time is it keeping?” The former governor had some words for the President Muhammadu Buhari-led government and also talked about the recent search of his apartment in Osbourne, Ikoyi by the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC).

He wondered why anyone would keep such huge cash in a building, as it could have been used to empower some graduates.

Some Nigerians have taken to social media to react to his speech. While some are applauding him for pointing out the truth, others are criticizing him for saying he has only one wristwatch.

No comments:

Post a Comment